Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MIM - sympathy.

Sympathy cards are hard enough to send out, let alone create.  It's a fine balance between somber, elegant, and uplifting at the same time.  When I saw that the PTI: MIM challenge was sympathy cards, I decided to add to my stash... I figure that when you NEED a sympathy card is probably not the best time to be creating one... you know?

I have never tried the "emboss-resist" technique before, but gave it a whirl here.  The clear-embossed florals (from PTI's "larger than life") "resist" the ink that I sponged and stamped on top - so cool!  The bird is from SU's "notably ornate" set, and was "kissed" with PTI's "text-style II".

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think you balanced the sombre/elegant/etc just right. This particular bird is a great one to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena......This is so, so beautiful! Love all the little "special" things you did to make this card stand out. Your colors are perfect and the hanging bird just finishes the whole card. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete