Thursday, December 15, 2011

birthday birthday to you!

Today, being the official birthday of my dad and sister (yes, on the same day - exactly 30 years apart), I thought it only fitting to post one more birthday card.

My little Maia, at 19 months old, is gearing up to sing "happy birthday" to them - I never knew the whole song could be sung with basically only 2 words: birthday and maia.  When she gets going, it's hilarious: "birthday birthday, maia maia... birthday birthday to you!"


The card is relatively simple, but I like the flow of the circles!  I used lawn fawn's "bake me a cake" and "bannerific."  The cake was stamped with memento brown ink, and colored with copics.  I used my colorless blender to add textures to both cake layers.  The cake stand was colored directly on the white circle mat, but the rest of the cake was popped up on foam squares.  All the edges were sponged with vintage photo distress ink.



 Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the strips on the side! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your sister and dad. This is such a nice card. I love the circle with the chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love how you added the staples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circles and the fun birthday cake!!

    ReplyDelete