Monday, September 3, 2012

lawnscaping: sketch challenge

Happy labor day weekend, all!

We have a fantastic sketch for you to work with for lawnscaping challenge #41:


Here is my take:


I rotated the sketch to create this fun airmail-inspired card - complete with matching washi tape :)  The scallop border in the sketch immediately had me reaching for lawn fawn's "belinda's borders" - isn't it a perfect fit?  The mailbox was stuffed with envelopes (from the "you've got mail" set) and each envelope was stamped with a tiny heart from the "love 'n breakfast" set.

I really hope you decide to play along with our challenge!  You could win a prize from Simon Says Stamp!


Simon Says Stamp

7 comments:

  1. So fun! I love the overflowing mail box! I love that scalloped border too. Thanks for having me on the blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! Love the splatter effect :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card. I recognized your style the moment I saw this card on the lawnscaping blog, even before I saw your name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very sweet!! I love the hearts on the envies that are coming out of the mailbox. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mailbox is one of my Lawn Fawn faves! Love the way you did the envelopes:)

    ReplyDelete