Monday, November 5, 2012

plaid for the holidays {CSS release in review}

 I am telling you: plaid is it for cozy holiday projects.  I promise to lay off of it for awhile (like, maybe a week) but I'm having too much fun...

Today's post is to help review a few sets released by Clear and Simple stamps last month.  Like the apothecary holidays set, a great follow-up to apothecary sweets.


But, let's face it:  I'm not that fancy of a gal.  I only own 1 apothecary jar.... on the other hand, I have mason jars in all kinds of sizes... and it seems so much more natural for me to grab the holiday apothecary fillers (along with some of the original apothecary sweets images) and pop them into the smallest mason jars (from the well preserved line.)

I mixed ornaments and sweets, colored them in traditional red, green, and white (mostly because I'm such a Christmas purist, and this is what you'll find in my home come the holidays...)

I placed the jars onto a kraft flag, stamped with a water-marked "merry christmas" (found in sweet sentiments: holidays) and placed that over my plaid creation (from create a plaid.)

The plaid and kraft flag elements were repeated in the making of this little treat box:

I tucked some chocolates inside a party favors 4 box, and finished it off with a holiday-appropriate red satin bow.

Hope you like that I created!

More inspiration is a-waiting:  Lori Jen CSS blog

6 comments:

  1. So cool Elena! Love all the jar images (especially the big moonshine jug, lol!) Seriously though, your plaid is super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you filled the jars so sweetly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the look of the different filled jars all lined up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plaid is indeed "it". This turned out super, Elena!

    ReplyDelete