Friday, October 11, 2013

gingerbread house turned winter cottage.

Happy Friday, all!

I'm so thrilled to be guesting with the Festive Friday gals today... and the inspiration photo was right up my alley:


My first instinct was (obviously) to reach for lawn fawn's gingerbread house image... but the results may be a little unexpected:

winter cottage...


Here's what I did: I started out by stamping the gingerbread house (but I wiped the ink off of the doorknob before stamping down because I really wanted to add a smiley face instead) and masked it.  Next, I stamped the window image to make it look like a chimney. Masked that. The smokey haze was created by cutting out random shapes to lay down as masks before swiping aqua ink over the entire area.

winter cottage...

Some glittery snow banks and cozy twine finished things off.

I hope you like what I've created!  Head over to the Festive Fridays blog to see what the rest of their design team created.

♥.

12 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and yes whimsical! Love the contented smile! Great to have you as GD at Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! glad to see sophia progressing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! My! Goodness!! This is adorable!!!! And I just love the colors!!! The window 'chimney' is genius!!!! And that smiley face on the door is so cute!! Love the way you added te clouds and chimney smoke! This is just a gorgeous card! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle est adorable cette carte ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet, love the smiling door :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Fabulous Elena...love the smiley on the door :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so adorable. What a sweet smiling door .Love how you created the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what this reminds me of? Your warm, sweet, happy, loving home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what, I didn't even fully take in just how awesome this card is - I didn't even properly see how you sponged the smoke for your sentiment, and I did think that was a window that you used for your chimney. I wish I was even half as clever as you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, how cute! I love the smiley face on the door!

    ReplyDelete