Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I will feel a glow {lawn fawn inspiration week}

Another day of lawn fawn inspiration week, and we're showing off the mini set, "winter in the park."

i will feel a glow, just thinking of you.


This is a card that would be easy to reproduce for the holidays.  Except that your fingers will be very inky.  Mine were a beautiful deep blue for the rest of the day.

I stamped and heat-embossed the snowflakes (with clear embossing powder) and stamped all of my images as well. (the snowbanks were created with the wavy lines included in the set.)  I masked off the snowbank only, and sponged blue ink over the rest of the mat.  I avoided the lamppost, since I was planning on coming back in with a yellow ink... there's something romantic about that yellow glow.  I'm feeling a Sinatra-vibe with this one.

i will feel a glow, just thinking of you.

I hope you like it!  Pop over to the lawn fawn blog to see more with this set.

♥.

21 comments:

  1. I love this snowy landscape you've created, Elena! I'm tempted to come and sit on that seat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! It's a BEAUTIFUL scene! That yellow glow is so romantic and delightful!! I love it!!! And your sky is gorgeous! I love love love this card!! (Of course I have yet to see something you make that isn't flawless or amazing!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, Elena, this is gorgeous!! I LOVE your inking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the inking and the sentiment on that red panel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I much prefer your card using this set than mine... love that it's easy to reproduce. The warm glow from the lamp is memerising :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS with that beautiful glow from the lamp. So clever and cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow glow is just perfect! I'd love to know which ink colors you used for your sky and for the lamp. You've made something simple into a charming scene that really captures the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely and sweet. It looks so serene with that beautiful yellow glow! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the glow around the light. Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! You use distress inks perfectly all the time! I'm jealous! heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Love the yellow glow round the light.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful sky and i love the embossed sentiment. What is your white embossing powder of choice?

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful card! I LOVE your coloring! The sky looks great and the light of the lamp amazing! Thank you for sharing and for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so great - such a classic CAS card with wonderful details! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful...you really feel the glow from the lamp. Makes me think about the little matchstick girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving this card so magical, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just something about that glow that makes this card to inviting. Great job!! (I never mind inky fingers!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely stunning, Elena! I LOVE your Santa/Yeti card on the LF Blog, too!!!

    ReplyDelete