Thursday, May 22, 2014

sweet havana {mama elephant stamp highlight}

It's the last day of Mama Elephant May stamp highlights! The design team is coming up florals today... with Sweet Havana.

I'm usually ho-hum about floral sets... I mean, I have a ton and I almost always prefer critters to flowers. Plus, most floral sets are fiddly. You have to break out so many clear blocks and inks to make anything with them. That's why I was surprised by how much I loved this set.

sweet havana {mama elephant stamp highlight}

All of the elements came together rather quickly, and I love that the die-cuts made sense. You get me? It was easy to line them up for die-cutting after stamping.

sweet havana {mama elephant stamp highlight}

I love the sentiment, but I didn't want to wrap the "thinking of you" banner in the front and hide the gorgeous pitcher, so I tucked it in behind.  It wasn't quite long enough, but it was easy to fool the eye by cutting the banner a tiny bit. There's a gap behind the pitcher that you'd never know about if I hadn't just told you. Sneaky, sneaky.

I hope you like it! Check out more from the design team over on the Mama Elephant blog this morning!

♥.

5 comments:

  1. So sweet! Love the polka dot and that bit of washi at the fold, such a great little detail and gorgeous cluster of flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty bouquet and love the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena, I love this! It's so pretty an dreamy. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete