Thursday, November 6, 2014

santa gift-card holders {waffle flower guest designing}

Hi there! I'm back with another Santa-themed project, using Waffle Flower's Surface Tag Die Santa Add-On.

If you missed the Santa bookmarks I created, you can check them out *here*

I knew as soon as I got these dies in the mail, that I wanted to make a felt project:

santa gift-card holders {waffle flower guest designing}

I created a couple of gift-card holders - perfect for gifting out to teachers for the holidays.

The how-to is very simple.  I cut a few felt circles, added the Santa pieces on top, and sewed all but the top closed, with an opening big enough to accommodate a gift card.

santa gift-card holders {waffle flower guest designing}


If you look at these dies, you'll notice that the "belt" piece isn't long enough to span the entire width of the circle. I cut 2 of them, and you can't even see the seam behind the buckle.  Also, when you cut the beard, you'll want to only cut the tip of the beard and then hand-cut the rest so it works with the curve of the circle.

I think it looks so cute hanging from the garland! It makes me think that you could easily stuff and completely sew up the circles and you'd have an adorable ornament for your tree!

For now, though, I am thinking ahead to teacher gifts. I hate giving them things like chocolates or bath products. It feels like they must get a ton of those! I always stress about what kind of gift card to give them. Starbucks? (but what if they don't drink coffee?) Target? (what if they don't shop there?)

What do you usually gift to your kids' teachers? And, if you give a gift card and you don't mind sharing, how much do you give? I hate to admit it, but I'm cheap by nature. I'm trying hard to learn to be more generous. Help a friend out, hee hee.

santa gift-card holders {waffle flower guest designing}

A huge thank you to my friend Nina for letting me guest design for Waffle Flower this month! It was so fun to work with these products!

♥.

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute and clever! LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever, Elena! Just love it. My son has a male teacher this year so no chocolates or bath products for him! :) I usually go with Target - it's a pretty safe bet that they can find something they want, even if it's just groceries. And, I'm cheap by nature too so I feel your pain. I usually go with $10-$20 for teacher gifts, depending on whether it's the main teacher, associate, music etc. DS has only one teacher this year so I'll probably go for a $20 gc to Target.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing project! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and clever:) Starbucks has other yummy stuff other than coffee! All but 1 of my kids are out of school so I don't do the gift giving to the teachers anymore! But I'd say $10.00 is plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! I love it! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete